Person rushed to hospital after fireball gas explosion at work site as warning issued to public & area cordoned off

A PERSON has been rushed to hospital after a fireball gas explosion in Co Antrim this afternoon.

Emergency services rushed to the scene of the incident along Templepatrick Road in Ballyclare, on what is understood to be a worksite.

Emergency services rushed to the scene of the explosion


Emergency services rushed to the scene of the explosionCredit: Social Media Collect

Snaps of the shock incident show a fireball engulfing the road works site in the area.

Police, firefighters and a NI Ambulance Service rapid response vehicle attended the scene.

The area has been cordoned off to the public and people have been asked to avoid the area. The road has been closed.

In a statement, NIAS said: “The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service received a 999 call at 10:32 on Wednesday, 3rd July following reports of an incident on Hansons Hall Lane Area, Ballyclare.


“NIAS dispatched one Emergency crew, one Ambulance Officer and the Charity Air Ambulance with HEMS on board were also tasked to the incident.

“One patient was taken to Royal Victoria Hospital by Ambulance.”

In a statement, a PSNI spokesperson said: “The Templepatrick Road in Ballyclare is currently closed to traffic due to a gas explosion in the area.

“Cordons are in place and the public are advised to avoid the area at this time while emergency services attend.”


For the latest news on this story keep checking back at the Irish Sun Online, where we will bring you live updates as soon as they happen, before anyone else.

Like us on Facebook at, and follow us from our main Twitter account at @IrishSunOnline, where we will bring you this story and all the rest of the top news and exclusives of the day. is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Antrim, Ireland – Latest news- The Sun